Le dimanche 15 mars 2015 à 14:10 +0200, Siarhei Siamashka a écrit :
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:12:00 +0100
> Paul Kocialkowski <cont...@paulk.fr> wrote:
>
> > Le mardi 24 février 2015 à 11:58 +0200, Siarhei Siamashka a écrit :

> > > Thanks. I will allocate the next few days of my time on checking what's
> > > up with sunxi-3.4 and maybe we can make the final "graduation" release
> > > for it.
> >
> > Any news on that front?
>
> Thanks for reminding.
>
> Well, the news is that I could not reproduce the alleged sun5i problem
> with the stage/sunxi-3.4 branch on my A13-OLinuXino-Micro board. Which
> obviously means that I can't debug it.

Well, last time I checked, I didn't experience any particular problem
with mainline U-Boot and sunxi-3.4 on sun5i/A13 but I probably lack
context on this.

> Combined with Tsvetan's lack of any sign of response or any indications
> that anyone else could be interested, I don't feel very much motivated
> to do the "communication" part of the job, which is required to clarify
> the status of these 3.4 branches and move them forward.

Still, I would be interested in having a sunxi-3.4 branch that can
actually be used on all the supported chips and devices.

> > I have been trying to boot sunxi-3.4 on sun7i/A20 using upstream U-Boot,
> > with no success. I tried the current sunxi-3.4 branch and stage/sunxi-3.4,
> > with and without these patches.
> >
> > It never prints anything on serial.
>
> Most likely you are missing the "setenv bootm_boot_mode sec" line in
> your boot.cmd (otherwise the PSCI code in u-boot drops the CPU into
> the non-secure mode and the sunxi-3.4 kernel can't handle it).

That could be it, I'll investigate.

> The documentation in the wiki about the mainline u-boot is in a
> pretty much bad shape, but at least this should be covered:
>
>     http://linux-sunxi.org/Mainline_U-boot#Boot
>
> Alternatively, there is the old kernel compatibility mode in
> u-boot, which can be selected in menuconfig. It should work
> with any old sunxi-3.4 kernels.
>
> > On the other hand, I was able to boot mainline Linux (3.19) just fine.
>
> Right. That's what everyone should be using now.

Well, it doesn't fit every use case yet and I will (sadly) have to use
sunxi-3.4 for Replicant, so I need something that actually works.

Thanks,
--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Blog: http://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: http://redmine.replicant.us/