On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Nick Ludlam <nick.lud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 3 May 2015 23:03:08 UTC+1, ala...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I have one of these H3 boards (Orange Pi Plus).
>>
>> I have been able to build a working Linux kernel out of the source code
>> at https://github.com/allwinner-zh/linux-3.4-sunxi using sun8iw7p1.
>> However I could not get wired ethernet (GMAC + RTL PHY) or wireless
>> (RTL8189ES) working.
>>
>> Is anyone working on mainline kernel support for H3? I can't code but
>> happy to help testing.
>

> I've just received my Orange Pi Plus board today, and while I was
> downloading the Debian server image I noticed that they've released
> something called "Linux SDK source code" from
> http://www.orangepi.org/downloaded/download.html
>
> It seems to be a tarball containing a top level directory named lichee/
> which contains a 3.4 kernel tree, a buildroot tree, a uboot2011.09 tree and
> various tools. There's no git history, which makes creating a diff against
> whatever kernel version it's forked from a pain.
>
> I'm fairly well versed in building kernels and buildroot systems, but I'm
> not much more technical than that so I can't really do much with the SDK
> other than build what it produces.

It is highly likely that it is based on
https://github.com/allwinner-zh/linux-3.4-sunxi

To figure out the changes, you can
1. Clone the repository at https://github.com/allwinner-zh/linux-3.4-sunxi
2. Erase the working tree (all files and directories inside
linux-3.4-sunxi/ but keep the .git/ directory).
You did not destroy your clone repository; what matters are the files
inside .git/
3. Untar the downloaded tarball and place the Linux kernel files in
 linux-3.4-sunxi/
Here you may need to move the files around so that the location of the
kernel files match those of the repository.
4. Run 'git diff' and see the changes between the HEAD of the
linux-3.4-sunxi repository, and the downloaded H3 Linux kernel source.

Simos