Hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Marius Cirsta <mfor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 5:24:01 AM UTC+3, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 09:49:43PM -0400, jons...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > Does anyone have any info on the new Allwinner R8 module being used in
>> > the Chip $9 PC Kickstarter? It is A13+flash+RAM on module.
>> >
>> > I'd like to get a pin out and projected price. That module has to be
>> > really low cost if they are able to make a $9 computer out of it.
>>
>> *sigh* I am amazed that people still fall for what i can now only call
>> the kickstarter trap.
>>
> Yeah, it's a bunch of crap, crowdfunding .... we're better of letting the
> corporations and investment funds deciding what to fund and what not.

Why are we arguing about whether or not crowdfunding and this
particular campaign is viable when the question was only using it to
point out that the particular SoC was probably cheap? Like *mumble*%
of kickstarter projects, it's probably too good to be true, but who
here really cares? And if they do, why are we hijacking Jon's question
to make that point?

IIRC the actual question was where / when will the R8 SoC be available
for other device builders?

Does anyone actually have any useful info on that?

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby

Email: julian.cal...@gmail.com