On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 7:43:33 AM UTC-4, Sergio Costas wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I created a firmware extractor for these chips. Hope it is useful.
>
> Some notes:
>
>   * Sometimes it fails in the first launch, but launching again with
> exactly the same parameters works fine.
>   * Try to unload the touch module before running it, to avoid
> interferences between both codes.
>   * Try first with a chunk size of 4 bytes, and change only to 2 or 1 if
> it fails.
>
> --
> Nos leemos
>                          RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
> ras...@rastersoft.com <javascript:>              http://www.rastersoft.com

It is great to see someone is still working on the gslx680 I had thought
the driver porting efforts had died out.

I have compiled and tried the tool but am having a bit of difficulty
getting any output. I am not sure I am entering the
parameter for the Device correctly... exactly what is it looking for here ?
the i2c device name ?  I get "Cant open device error"
on all that I have attempted thus far.

I am attempting to make an android driver for my Touchscreen on an A31s
Q711C_2M_PG iNet board. This seems to be a bit of
an out of the ordinary driver and I have been completely unable to obtain
any source code for it, although I have a Large number
of sources that I have downloaded from many places. In any case I would
like to make something similar to the sunxi-gslx680 and
Rastersoft drivers for Android ie ability to load firmwares from a file. I
have not yet tried to compile the Rastersoft version and my attempts
to alter the driver included with the A31SDK's have been unfruitful for
this Tablet so far. I used the firmware extractor from sunxi-gslx680
however i have not been able to do much of anything with the resulting file
due mainly to my Lack of any recent experience in C
programming and the differences in sunxi and sdk kernel code.

Thanks I hope you can help :-)