On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 7:43:33 AM UTC-4, Sergio Costas wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I created a firmware extractor for these chips. Hope it is useful.
>
> Some notes:
>
>   * Sometimes it fails in the first launch, but launching again with
> exactly the same parameters works fine.
>   * Try to unload the touch module before running it, to avoid
> interferences between both codes.
>   * Try first with a chunk size of 4 bytes, and change only to 2 or 1 if
> it fails.
>
> --
> Nos leemos
>                          RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
> ras...@rastersoft.com <javascript:>              http://www.rastersoft.com

 Excellent Utility !!

I have now rebuilt my own Firmware from the output of this utility, and
successfully loaded it in the Android Firmware I created
and am currently working on using the Kernel I made from the SDK, and a
Driver I had found that loads the firmware directly
from a file. I will now begin to modify the driver sources to work
similarly and load the firmware directly from a text based file
as does the driver I located ( this driver came from an N821 Tablet
Firmware).

In order to make the output work I had to do some comparisons to the driver
supplied firmware.h files until I located several
that were extremely similar. I also did multiple pulls of the running tab
firmware and did comparisons between them.

The pulled firmwares did have differences on each instance it was pulled, I
took those to be in memory pages used for
something other than the static firmware and pretty much just removed all
of the variable sections.

Using the firmware.h file compares I used the 2 most similar ones and did
some edits to reorder the data to the same
order used in the firmware.h files, then in sections present in All of the
firmware.h files but not present in the pulled
data I simply inserted the data from the ones most similar (all seemed to
use the same data with 2 variants thus my 2
file setups). Both outputs worked with minor differences and I now have a
fully functional Firmware rebuild.

I will next compile the SDK supplied driver using my rebuilt firmware and
test that then begin modifications to make the driver
load the Firmware from a file. If I am successful I would like to package
your utility Giving Proper Credits) with the Final Rom
I produce in order to allow users to pull the data from their own Stock tab
for use with the driver. This Rom will be intended
to work on many Tablet models with minor patching which is the reason I
have spent so much effort making this Driver .

Again Thank You Excellent creative Work !!