On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:46:27AM +0300, 'Simos Xenitellis' via linux-sunxi
wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Simos Xenitellis <
> simos.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The Linux Foundation and Linux Gizmos are running (also) this year a
> > survey on small-board computers,
> > 1.
> > http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mobile-linux/831550-survey-best-linux-hacker-sbcs-for-under-200
> > 2.
> > http://linuxgizmos.com/rate-these-sub-200dollar-hacker-sbcs-win-one-of-20/
> >
> > This year they include 54 SBCs, out of which 12 are based on Allwinner
> > SoCs,
> > a. Two from Olimex
> > b. One from SinoVoip
> > c. One from LeMaker
> > d. Three from CubieTech
> > e. Three from LinkSprite
> > f. Two from Shenzhen Xunlong Software
> >
> > The result of the survey is to produce a Top 10 list based on popularity.
> > The purpose of the survey appears to be to gauge interest in open designs
> > of boards and get manufacturers to work towards that direction.
> >
> > Here are the guidelines for the inclusion of a new board to the list,
> >
> > http://linuxgizmos.com/rate-your-favorite-open-single-board-computers/#open-sbc-guidelines
> >
> > If a company is producing developer boards and satisfy the requirements
> > for inclusion, they can provide five boards to the Linux Foundation so that
> > they are given away to those that took the survey. At this survey, there
> > are four different boards to be given away and none has an Allwinner SoC.
> >
> > Here is the survey,
> > https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015SBCS
> >

> The 2015 Hacker SBC Survey has ended and here are the results,
> http://linuxgizmos.com/raspberry-pi-stays-sky-high-in-2015-hacker-sbc-survey/
>
> Specifically,
>
> 1. The survey had a special feature where you picked three SBCs depending
> on how favorite they were to you.
> Then, it would triple the votes for Choice #1, double the votes for Choice
> #2 and extract the results.
> Obviously, such a method favors what has been put as Choice #1, the most
> favorite.
>
> 2. At positions #1 and #3, the Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi
> respectively. Yep, the single core Raspberry Pi got third place.
> 3. At position #2 was the BeagleBone Black.
>
> 4. In the top ten, there were three ODROID SBCs. ODROID is doing a great
> job in promoting their boards.
> They have a great page showcasing what you can do with their boards (such
> as
> http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141578608433),
> they have a monthly magazine at http://magazine.odroid.com/ and their forum
> is very active.
>
> 5. Out of the 53 Small Board Computers in the competition, there were no
> Allwinner boards this year in the top Ten.
> 6. An easy comparison of the specs for the Top Ten is at
> http://files.linuxgizmos.com/2015-hacker-sbc-survey-top-10-sbc-specs-comparison.jpg
> [...]

Amazing how you left the following snippet out:

"One processor trend did seem clear, however, judging both from the
selections and reader comments. The open source community appears to be
increasingly frustrated with Allwinner’s Linux support. While three
Allwinner based boards made last year’s top 10, there are none this
year. After the 11th Place Cubieboard4, with its octacore Allwinner A80,
the next Allwinner board on the list is the A31-based Banana Pi M2 at
number 14."

People would think that that is the most relevant statement in that
whole survey, but not a hint of it can be seen in your email.

Stop trying to distort the truth.

Similarly, i cannot find any mention of your point 7 in that article.

But thanks for reminding me that that would not have happened if it was
not for the fact that i did lima, and that i "corrected" the Raspberry
Pi Foundations big but ultimately statement late 2012.

Luc Verhaegen.