Il giorno domenica 30 agosto 2015 13:55:14 UTC+2, Alexis Jeandet ha scritto:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Indeed my song is mono, so that may explain the issue.

ok

> I also continued to investigate the code from Marcus, which if I
> understood correctly, is based on your code. I got some successful results
> also with this code. I think that Marcus wanted to merge the two structures
> sunxi_priv
> and sunxi_i2s_info and remove the sunxi_iis instance.

yes; the sunxi_iis is a leftover of the original legacy AW driver and the
useful fields should be folded into the "private" data structure of the
relevant  alsa module.

> There is still some points I don't get yet, if I understand correctly the
> UDA is supposed to generate the sysclock with it's own PLL from bclk?

IIRC it's a PLL from the "left right" clock (ie frame rate 44.1 or 48 KHz)
and the proper UDA register is set when there's WSPLL=1 on device tree..

> Then you have to set the multiplication factor on the UDA? For each song?

for earch sample rate..

> Or you just set it to 256 or 128fs and then just focus on i2s interface?
> In this case 24 bits resolution wouldn't be possible?

the bit clock is a multiple of the FS changing when you have different bit
resolutions.