Hi,

Hans de Goede:

> The Lamobo-R1 has a gpio header idententical to the one found
> on the Banana Pi, i2c2 is routed to pins there.

One thing I forgot to mention before. Please have a look into our Wiki at
the second right picture:

    http://linux-sunxi.org/Lamobo_R1#GPIO_header

The Add-On is an I2C extender produced by the board's manufacturer. And the
Add-On also works on RPi and nearly all other ARM boards featuring the 26/40
GPIO header since it's meant to work this way. Even boards with SoCs that
can't provide this compatibility (due to different GPIO voltage levels) will
be supplied with Add-Ons that make them compatible to this 'pseudo GPIO
standard':

http://www.mikronauts.com/hardkernel/hardkernel-odroid-xu4-shifter-shield-re
view/

BTW: In the R1's case it won't make any difference whether you configure
I2C/SPI away or not since the 'distros' that are used with this specific
board (containing also kernel patches to make use of the BroadCom switch IC
that will never be accepted upstream) already ship with a dts making GPIO
RPi compatible. And they will patch I2C and SPI back in if they're missing.
My words above apply more to all the other sunxi SBC that feature the same
26/40 GPIO header.

Thx,

Thomas