On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Sugar Wu <shugeli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ChenYu,
>
> I am sorry.
> We just run DDR8 40MHz on A31/A31s with MMC3.
> If you run it with MMC2, it not support DDR8 function.
> You should switch pinmux to MMC3.

Interesting. Is this a hardware difference between MMC2 and MMC3?
Or is it just signal routing problems?

Anyway I got DDR8 working on my A31s. Thanks!

> If you want to try DDR 50, you can improve IO voltage to 3v.
> And, you should set mod clock(in ccmu) and card clock(in mmc controller) in
> following different scenarios:
> a.  8 bit width:
>     source clock must be double card clock, it mean  CCLK_DIV is 2.
>     (Card Clock) = (MMC Module Clock) / 2

Yes. I noticed this from the SDK. With this already 8 bit works on A33 / A80.

I also noticed A33's "new timing mode", but I can make DDR work without it,
using old timing mode.

Regards
ChenYu