On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 01:55:03PM -0700, markdamerell via linux-sunxi wrote:

> The "documents" are the manual build howto & other howtos
> that this refers to.

It's a wiki. Create an account like normal people.

> 1. Git. I believe that Git will work best if new users are
> willing to adopt good habits from the beginning. They can
> only do this if they are told what the correct practices
> are. So I ask that the howto should point new users at
> an introduction to Git.

No. We are not wikipedia, or a beginners guide on development. Go read
up on git somewhere else (like, pretty much the whole of the internet,
there are a gazillion howtos there).

> 2. Installing on SD card. This howto assumes that you have
> connected the card to Linux on another machine. But I cannot
> see anything to show how you are to make this connection.

This is how our manual build howto started. Go read up.

> 3. Backups. If things go wrong, you may well find that you
> cannot boot Linux (for reasons unknown) or Android (because
> you have over-written it). The Howtos should explain how to
> make a backup and how to recover.

We tend to only rarely overwrite the actual nand. Sometimes we do kill
the nand (with the 3.4 kernel), but you do not get to make backups then
either. Go read up.

> 4. If you install Linux and it works, you then need a
> different set of instructions for recovery. Before you began,
> the card probably contained a mixture of Android apps (now
> useless) and user data (useful). You need to know how to
> separate these and recover only the data.

Again, how about using an SD card if you are not sure?

Amazing.

Luc Verhaegen.