Nice work.
Sure i will try your path, last time i tried otg i had kernel exception when
I would like setup usb otg in device mode as g_ether or cdrom drive emulation
to loading bootable iso with gpio sw for iso selection yes i dream :)

But for now I try to translate audio codec driver from kernel 3.4,,,removing
lot of config from fex file, remove undocumented R-PRCM (0x01f01400) read/Write
(seem to be configuration area for current setting to restore after a reboot,
not vital..), setup PLL2 (audio_pll) directly in driver since there isn't no
clk driver PLL2 for now (I think it's related to I2S driver, and it's a complex
clock with multi factor to adjust PLL frequency). For now i just configure it
at 24.57Mhz/22.57Mhz and i have succes to have something in
/sys/class/device/sunxi_codec/ and /sunxi-pcm-codec/, no kernel exception but
no sound card available :(
When i see in sun4i audio driver, there is lot of new code to create card in
/dev/snd/...
It's seem I'm lost deeply in nowhere for now, but I will try your work for sure
(just one source of kernel opps at the same time!).