Hi.

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 03:19:46 -0700 (PDT) Milos Ladni
<milosladicor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Because there are PoC of hardware JPEG encoding and decoding, i am
> now interesting of hw scaling..
> Does does anyone tried to scale image (raw yuv 4:2:2 4:2:0 or rgb)
> with A20 hardware?
> How can i do this? I need scaler to scale image from one resolution
> to another.
> Concretely i read frame from tvin 720x576 4:2:0 and convert it to
> jpeg with libjpegturbo, but i want to switch to hw scaler-encoder

I forgot last time, there is another way from what was writing in the
previous email, but is only better if what is need is only a scale down
image at multiple of image sizes (size divided by 1, 2 and 4 factors)

As said, the VEISP has a scaler that can use arbitrary scale factors
(within a min/max), but doesn't need to use it, because when configured
to (also) output raw pixels is possible to choose the outputted size.
For your example of a source of 720x576, it can output (simultaneous
when encoding) the sizes 720x576 or 360x288 or 180x144.

If this isn't what you are looking or instead also wants to correct
the aspect ratio to get square pixels, then the only option is to use
the arbitrary scale factor scaler, as talked in the other email.

--
Manuel Braga