hi

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Chen-Yu Tsai <w...@csie.org> wrote:
> Just to clarify, is this the Japanese version or the U.S. version?

well,

I have only Japanese version, but I prefer to use name of English
version for this kind of things.

my patch is intended to support both version. I tested it on only
Japanese version. currently I have no feedback from U.S. version user.

> AFAIK the Japanese version is Famicom Mini?

official name is,

 Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer (in Japanese, of course)

"Famicom Mini" is another product.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Classic_NES_Series_games

> I think you mentioned on IRC that one has an LED and the other doesn't?

I just saw some pictures of U.S. version on the web. I think there is
one LED on front (next to POWER/RESET buttons), but I cannot confirm
it.

I'm sure there is no LED on Japanese version.

http://mazu-bunkai.com/bunkai-wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/nintendo_classic_mini-19.jpg

http://mazu-bunkai.com/bunkai-wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/nintendo_classic_mini-20.jpg

I think, main board, connectors, and cables are same. controller and
sub board are different but I guess it's compatible enough.

Regards,