Hello

I have a strange problem with the driver for the UHCI controller. For me
i looks like a memory corruption caused by a call to usb_submit_urb() in
usb_stor_allocate_irq() in drivers/usb/storage/usb.c.

The used hardware is an Intel PIIX4 southbridge connected to an embedded
IBM PowerPC controller.

I have modified the code in usb_stor_allocate_irq() around the call to
usb_sumbit_urb() to print out some values for debugging:

usb_stor_allocate_irq(1) ss->current_urb: c777b940 ss->irq_urb: c777b8c0

usb_submit_urb() is called here

usb_stor_allocate_irq(2) ss->current_urb: 43543d36 ss->irq_urb: 2f736269

Obviously the values in ss->cuurent_urb and ss->irq_urb (and possibly
others) are not the same after the call to usb_submit_urb(), and as far
  as i understand the code, this should not be the case. So i'm quite
sure that this is the reason for the kernel oops later.

Any idea what could causing this or similar experiences?

TIA

Dave