Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> When they say "host" do they mean the PC running Linux or the ethernet
> device?

They mean the usb-eth device.  The documentation is just crap. :-(

> Sometimes, they don't take into consideration blocks of data that are
> multiples of the endpoint size and thusly, require an additional USB
> packet of 0 bytes to mark the end.

Not the case here.  They consider any packet with zero or <64 bytes
length as an end packet.  The only thing i have to do about it is to
make sure i never send a packet with size of multiple of 64 bytes.
But this impact only the out pipe.
OK an example - i am able to do multy megabyte ftp transfers from my
laptop (with the usb-eth device) to another machine.  When i try to
download something _to_ the laptop it fails.  In the firs case we have
big (up tp 1500 bytes) OUT tcp packets and very small ack IN packets.
It is the opposite in the latter case.  In fact HCD start spewing
status error -75 at the first big packet which happened to be 1090
bytes long which is not multiple of 64.

> I think we can workaround it in the worst case.

I only hope the device is not completely broken.  It has issues, i can
already smell it.

                Petko