On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:24:04AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hmm. So arbitrary. Why only this single test?
> uhci_submit_urb() starts with several sanity checks.

Only one of those checks needs to be done in uhci_submit_urb(), the
urb->dev->bus->hcpriv one, as the others are already done by the
usb_submit_urb() call.

> And why precisely is it necessary?

Because it looks like the host controller drivers are all expecting that
usb_maxpacket() value to not be zero :)

> Why does the kernel die? Does it hang in a spinlock with
> disabled interrupts? Inspection of the code without this
> stopgap might reveal other bugs.

The host controller authors can answer this one better than I can.

thanks,

greg k-h