> So I finally hunkered down and got uhci-hcd working. I was surprised how
> easy it was to make the modifications for hcd.c.

Great!  I'll have a look at that one too ... gotta upgrade a bunch of
systems first though.  Maybe I'll be able to test with 2.5.16 ... :)

> There are some other messages that get printed such as:
>
> hcd.c: usb_hcd_pci_remove 00:10.0, count != 1
>
> but it appears from the code that this is just a soft warning that all
> of the references to the bus aren't freed yet. This isn't a bug.

It's an err(), as noted in the documentation for that method, so I'd
look at that a bit more.  It means your driver could be rmmodded
but something (who knows what?) hasn't dropped all references
to that device.  Minimally, you've got a memory leak.  Worst case,
you've got some device driver thinking it can call into a device on
that bus ... oops!

> - Big endian support. I haven't been able to test it on a big endian
>   machine yet, but atleast 90+% of the work should be done.

Good.  That was one of the more substantial basic functionality
issues left unaddressed in "uhci.c", as I recall.

- Dave