On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Greg KH wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:36:25PM -0500, Dan Streetman wrote:
>> but how long until that gets to 2.4?
>
>Who knows?  Someone will eventually realize the goodness involved in it
>and take the time to backport it.
>
>You sent me a patch for 2.5, not 2.4 :)

true. :)

but, the patch should apply to the 2.4 kernel, and I think that in 2.4
there is no way to get the info.  If there is, please someone tell me
about it! ;)

so I was hoping it would get into 2.5 first, then backporting to 2.4 would
be easy.  Would getting into 2.4 (but not 2.5) be easier, since 2.4 is
where it's needed most?

--
Dan Streetman