On Friday 01 November 2002 08:47, Alan Stern wrote:
> ...I don't see anything wrong with them, which makes it
> sound like there's some sort of firmware problem with the drive.  On the
> other hand, it could just be something funny going on with that particular
> drive that I don't know about -- but every SCSI storage device is required
> to recognize those two commands.

I'll try getting some USB sniffing software set up on both this box and on my
roomie's XP box and diff the results if I can, so that someone can pick out
any voodoo packets the camera requires. I'm really not interested in the
webcam part of the camera at all, but I can capture some traffic from that
too if there's any interest. Anyone who wants to take a shot at this can feel
free to e-mail me offlist.

As an aside, I would like to post a small warning about deceptive marketing
on this thing. The box says the device has 128M*bits* of onboard memory, and
then goes on to talk in M*bytes* for everything else. I imagine this is to
throw off consumers and make them think the device has 128Mbytes of mem
onboard. The truth is it doesn't even have 128Mbits (16Mbytes). It only has
8Mbytes. Both the usb-storage driver and my room mate's Windows box confirm
this. I'm going to write Aiptek and try to get either some kind of rebate or
at least a 8MB CF card to make up the difference. Just thought I'd throw that
out there to anyone thinking of buying one. </whining>

-DV