David Brownell [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Have any of the SCSI people been looking much at SCSI hotplug on 2.5?
> I attach "/etc/hotplug/scsi.agent" from one of my desktops; all it
> does is make sure the right drivers are loaded, it doesn't have a
> clue yet about whether/how/where to mount disks or do other stuff.

SCSI has added newer interfaces for host drivers to use that allow
single adds and removes. The api document is located in
/Documentation/scsi/scsi_mid_low_api.txt. I believe it is fairly
current.

I have been using the scsi_debug driver (which uses the newer interface)
to add and remove pseudo adapters, but have not checked the results
through user space hotplug.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson