On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 07:04, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > > The queue already has such a restriction embedded, see bio_map_user()
> > > and queue_dma_alignment().
> >
> > Very well, as far as sd and sr are concerned, but it doesn't help for
> > sg and st, does it?
>
> They both have a queue through the scsi device structure. But you could
> put the value someplace else if you wanted.

Actually, the sg case should be fine, because it shares the queue with
the other attachment (unless it's a processor or other unrecognised
device).

but, regardless, the queue is already set up (for all devices, including
st) in either slave_alloc, or slave_configure, so you could call the
alignment setting routine there.

Alternatively, we could add this as yet another parameter to the host
and template structures.  Any preferences?

James