Hi folks,

I've tried the described experiment and what I've seen seem to tell me that
it's really the device controller, who dies rather than anything in the host.
First of all, when the controller dies the "connection" LED on the USB hub
goes down. Secondly, the other USB2 device (usb-stick) continues to work
without any problems. So we seem to have troubles with the usb-storage driver
alone, do we? Alan, I'm really sorry about that, but looks like it's still on
you :-))

Actually, another sanity check was to try to operate the device from within
vmware. And it worked! Slow, but worked. I think vmware uses EHCI driver to
pipe the USB traffic through, but not the usb-storage driver. Could we
probably make use of vmware setup to analyse the problem?

Regards,
Max