Hello Alan,

> It sounds like you are concerned about serializing interrupt messages
> with control messages.

No. If I only send control messages from the INT IN completion handler,
all is fine.

The problem occurs if I send two control messages at the same time, one
from user context, one from interrupt context.

> In general, if usb_control_msg() returns -EPIPE it's because the
> device responded to the control message with a STALL, not because of
> any internal synchronization problem in the core or HCD.

So I will do a bus trace. This should be easy: the effect is
reproducable.

> If the device really does have requirements for relative timing of
> interrupt and control messages

No.

best regards

Wolfgang Mües