> There's a field in the Frame Interval register (reg HcFmInterval,
> 0x0D) called FSLargestDataPacket (FSMPS).  It specifies the largest
> amount of data in bits that can be sent or received by the HC in a
> single transaction without causing an overrun.

You are right. This same thing was a problem for me too and
I fixed it for me some time ago. I still haven't got the
driver reliably working on isp1160 here, otherwise I had
posted my patch already including fixing those missing bits.
I have several times thought about posting an intermediate
patch, but as it *seems* to be so close to working, I
haven't.

With this driver, we see quite a bit of duplicated effort.
Sure we could reduce this by communicating more. So, thanks
for posting this type of info. I try to be more open too.

Olav