On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:18:21PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > Worse than that, it will disable the entire IRQ line, thus affecting other
> > devices that may be sharing it.  That's not what I want; I need a way to
> > prevent a generic PCI device from issuing interrupt requests without
> > affecting other devices sharing the same IRQ.
>
> True. I'm not aware of any generic mechanism to prevent a PCI device from
> asserting IRQ Line.

Ok - today is just strange....something else led me to look at PCI2.3
spec and I discovered Interrupt Disable bit was added via an
"Engineering Change Notice".  At the same time, an "Interrupt Status"
bit was defined for the Status register.

Given the number of PCI2.[012] devices in the wild, I'm skeptical
this is very useful unless one can determine the device is PCI2.3
compliant and properly implements both Interrupt Disable and Interrupt
Status bits.

grant