Adam Kropelin wrote:

Martin Kessler wrote:

Adam Kropelin wrote:

Martin Kessler wrote:

Adam Kropelin wrote:

I've attached a rather ugly hack to fix the problem in hid-core. I
don't know if this alone will solve Martin's lockup, but I'm hoping it
does.

I disregarded your earlier patch, don't think it makes sense to patch
too much ;-) I assumed this is what you wanted me to test first. If you
want me to patch apcupsd at the time time, pls drop me a line.

You've done the right thing. The kernel patch should be tested alone.
If it does not work, please add the apcupsd (and keep the kernel patch
applied) to try them both at once.

The kernel patch alone did not work , I'm still having the same problem.
I started testing the apcupsd patch yesterday on one of our production
servers w/o kernel patch.

It would be best to test them together as I said above.

--Adam

Have to correct my last email, I just wasn't patient enough, it took 20min between starting service apcupsd and "NIS server startup succeeded" message. Could also be that the communication came up because we had a few voltage fluctuations right before the message. Its definitely weird that it takes that long.

Martin