>| >setup

>| Hi Pete, Randy,
>|
>| I have an awk program that I use to run through Kitty USB Analyzer html
>| pages and decode setup data packets for device, configuration, endpoint etc.
>| generic descriptors, into USB spec type formats. It is table driven and
>| could be extended to some of the more difficult descriptors, such as HID or
>| audio etc., but would take an expert in those descriptors.
>|
>| In any case, if you give me a URL to a few usbmon text dumps, I will try to >| do a converter to run usbmon output through this AWK decoder program. (I
>| don't have a working Linux system right now). If I can do a converter I
>| think this GAWK program will help make the usbmon stuff more helpful.
>
>Steve,
>
>That sounds really good (except that I don't know any awk, but maybe it's
>a better tool/language for this).
>
>Here's the one usbmon dump that I generated and used:
>http://www.xenotime.net/linux/scripts/usbmon.out

Hi Randy, I wrote a little awk program to translate your usbmon output to a format compatible with my html decoder. Then I ran it through the decoder. The output is not beautiful, but it does decode the control packets that I know about. The usb spec is open ended and complex, to say the least.

Anyway I posted the output concatenated with your original usbmon.out file on my website. See if it is anything like what you are looking for; http://myspot.neteze.com/~calfee/usbmon1.txt If it is, I will send you the awk script, and maybe together, over time we can improve its decoding?

Regards ~Steve