Hi again :-)

On Aug/03/2005, Torsten Koschorrek wrote:

> >>It would be good to know, what the device driver says, when you load it.
> >>Does it successfully initialize or is something wrong ...
> >

> >no, it seems that everything is fine. No error/warning messages...
> >

> >>I think it's better to stay on the device side (mx21), before looking to
> >>the host (your pc).
> >

> >Yes, but how i can know that it is working fine without check from host
> >side? (the only way, for me, to know that it is working is checking from
> >host side
> >

> Hä? Which interface do you use to load the drivers and see error/warning
> messages?

I am loading drivers using just insmod. As you can imagine, it depends
of the order that I can load (for undefined symbols). If it is correctly
load, then insmod (I think) says "Load correctly" (aprox.)

> Is there DEBUG in the modules and had you enabled it to see also success

i think that no DEBUG in this modules, but I will check

> messages like "driver loaded successfully!"? It's also useful to see
> some DEBUG of the data being transferred between host and device. Also
> try to use something like "dmesg" or "tail -f /var/log/messages".
> Did you tried to enable DEBUG on the host side, like "root hub status
> change" or something like that?

I am enabling DEBUG on host side, tomorrow morning I will check it with
device driver...

> >>By the way. Why don't u use a newer kernel 2.6.x?
> >

> >I think that tomorrow I will try :-)
> >I am not trying because Freescale gives some (long) patch for MX.21 and
> >2.4.20, and because some workmates are working in 2.4.20 support for
> >some devices.
> >
> >Are you working with MX.21? With 2.6 only? Or 2.4 too?
> >

> Not MX.21. I'm working with good old i.MXL! But I think the usb devices
> of MX21 and MXL are "more or less the same". The Kernels I use are
> 2.6.10-rc2, 2.6.11 and 2.6.12. I don't use 2.4 at all.

ok, i am preparing (I will finish later) Kernel 2.6.11 with Mike Lee
patch. With Mike Lee patch I think that I have to enable USB device
driver core and "Serial Port". When I will load USB device driver, using
lsusb in host I will be able to see PID and VID, correct?

(I think that yes, because Net2280 PCI Card is working in this way, but
I ask just in case. For example, lsusb is not showing any line for my
digital camera...)

(And I would like to work with 2.4.20 Freescale Kernel, I will do some
more tests too)

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info