>> When I boot with the USB keyboard and mouse connected directly
>> to the laptop, then they still don't work after a boot with
>> ehci-hcd present.
>
>This sounds like a different problem.  Or at least, if it is the same
>problem it's affecting a different device.  I don't see why
>failure of the
>docking station to initialize should affect the keyboard and mouse.
>
>> When I boot with the USB keyboard and mouse connected directly
>> to the laptop, but with the laptop disconnected from the docking
>> station, the USB keyboard works immediately, and gives interrupts
>> on the ohci-hcd IRQ.  dmesg.mobile attached
>>
>> so it seems to be the presence, rather than the use of, the
>> docking station that is making ehci-hcd into a trouble-maker.
>
>Can you send the dmesg log for the situation where you boot with the
>keyboard and mouse plugged into the computer and the computer
>attached to the docking station?

Attached as dmesg.init3
corresponding devices.init3 attached as well.

However, while gathering the dmesg I realized that the
keyboard started working some time after I logged in
(via network and serial console, not using console kbd)

After I realized the keyboard was working I looked in that
file again and the keyboard had appeard (devices.init3.diff)

-Len
ÿþSymantec Mail Security replaced
devices.init3.diff with this text
message.  The original attachment type