On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:11:23PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> "appropriated" from whom?  Does the USB.org group recognize this 0xfffe
> vendor id?
>
> thanks,
> greg k-h

I doubt they recognize it.  However, it's about 60,000 higher than any
others that have been allocated, so it seemed like a reasonable grab.
$2500/year for option one, or $1500/2-yrs for option two are more than
we were willing to pay (http://www.usb.org/developers/vendor).

With trivial admin, we can allocate 64k device IDs.  I'm willing
to act as the old school "IANA" for the 0xfffe Vendor ID.

Eric