On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:38:39AM +0100, Till Harbaum (Lists) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am writing a driver for a usb to i2c bridge. The driver is working nicely
> but i can still use my libusb based demo app to access the hardware
> directly while at the same time the kernel driver is active resulting in
> some confusion in both drivers. Since libusb accesses go unnoticed by my
> driver i seem not to be able to prevent them.

How is this?  A libusb application needs to kick the kernel driver off
of the device before it should be able to access it.  Or is it doing
this already?  If so, no, there's nothing you can do to prevent the
driver from being disconnected from the device.

If not, please explain more.

thanks,

greg k-h