>No, it's the correct place.  But you should start out by learning the
>basics.  Read through parts of the USB 2.0 spec and then you'll be in
>better shape.

I've READ the specs, examined countless examples, browsed innumerable
websites.  This is a silly, simple little keyboard device customized to
handle static switches.  It has one endpoint and takes a three byte
command and sends a three byte packet that reports an event in the
switch matrix.  that is all it does, that is ALL it will ever do.

It works under MS windows.  A copy of a SnoopyPro log has been sent
along. Replicate the log under Linux and the device should work.
Right?  Now perhaps the log is missing some data, but that can be
provided, descriptors, endpoint class, etc.  It appears to use the
Cypress Semiconductor series of USB hardware.  And I'm clearly doing
something wrong or mis-interpreting what is required to communicate with
the device.

I don't want to become an expert on writing USB drivers, at least not at
this time.  Just a simple request as to how to make the device work
under linux.  If the forum can't handle that request, then IMHO it is
the wrong place.

John