On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> > This looks like it has nothing to do with using "sync" or newly-created
> > backing files.  Instead it resembles a problem for which a patch was
> > recently submitted:
> >
> >     http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=118053809808501&w=2
>
> Emn, how recent are those signal-handling changes? Remember, the kernel on
> the gadget is only 2.6.20.1. And macroscopically it is indeed 100%
> repropducible - with and without sync. Can it really be explained by this
> signal-handling problem?

I don't know; I didn't follow the changes to the core signal-handling
for kernel threads.  I never experienced any problems until I started
using 2.6.22, so it's certainly possible that you're seeing something
different.

I just tried doing what you said:

        modprobe net2280
        dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/b bs=1M count=5 ; \
                modprobe g_file_storage file=/tmp/b

No problem; it worked fine.  But my version of the driver includes the
patch, of course.  And this was under 2.6.22-rc3.