On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > I just tried doing what you said:
> >
> >     modprobe net2280
> >     dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/b bs=1M count=5 ; \
> >             modprobe g_file_storage file=/tmp/b
> >
> > No problem; it worked fine.  But my version of the driver includes the
> > patch, of course.  And this was under 2.6.22-rc3.
>
> Right, I did the same (ok, 4M) and it worked too. Then I did it with my
> usual size - 16M - and it broke. Also with the patch you suggested.

Okay.  I just tried it over again, this time using 16 MB.  Just as in
your case, the filesystem was standard ext3.  And it worked.

So you'll have to do some debugging on your own.  The source file is
drivers/usb/gadget/file_storage.c.  To begin with, you can #define the
DEBUG and VERBOSE macros near the start of the file.

Some other things to check: Make sure that fsg_bind() completes
successfully.  See if handle_exception() is getting called and if it is
calling do_set_config() under the FSG_STATE_CONFIG_CHANGE case.  Also
see if do_set_config() returns an error.