Eero Volotinen wrote:
Alan Stern wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Fonehelp - Mike Yates wrote:

Is it freecom usb classic 160GB drive? I think it have same problem that mine 80GB drive - it reports sectors wrong.

--
Eero

No, it's a 250Gb Freecom Classic (Hitachi Vendor: HDS72252 Model: 5VLAT80 inside) but with almost identical errors to yours.

Today I had it working perfectly for the first time, having brought it home and tried it in Fedora2, SuSE9, Mandrake10, Knoppix but only an old (Aug03) 2.4 kernel Morphix would mount it properly.

I need to apply that patch for 2.6.8 you now have because the mission-critical server where it is intended for use (for off-site backup) has been upgraded from RH9 (where the Freecom worked intermittently) to Fedora2.

This morning I reported it on Red Hat Bugzilla as 135843.
Let's see if they come up with anything.

Is the patch still working consistently?
Is hotplug mount/unmount working?

--
Have fun,
Mike