Remove all the other things that are using it...

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, C. Hurschler wrote:

> no that still doesn't seem to be enough to unload it normaly...
>
> athlon:/home/stoffel# umount /proc/bus/usb
> athlon:/home/stoffel# modprobe -r usbcore
> FATAL: Module usbcore is in use.
> athlon:/home/stoffel# modprobe -r ehci_hcd
> athlon:/home/stoffel# modprobe -r ohci_hcd
> athlon:/home/stoffel# modprobe -r usbcore
> FATAL: Module usbcore is in use.
>

> there's still other stuff that uses it
>
> athlon:/home/stoffel# lsmod | grep usb
> usb_storage            69184  1
> scsi_mod              125132  2 sd_mod,usb_storage
> usbcore               118564  1 usb_storage
> ide_core              1
>
> is there an easy way to unload it without the -f parameter?
>
> Chris
>
> On Wednesday 26 January 2005 20:38, Alan Stern wrote:
> > Please send your replies to both the mailing list and to me.
> >
> > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, C. Hurschler wrote:
> > > Hi Alan,
> > >
> > > I did a:
> > >
> > > modprobe usbcore use_old_scheme=y
> > >
> > > after having unloaded ehci_hcd and ohci_hcd and having to do a rmod -f
> > > usbcore, which wouldn't unload without the -f parameter.
> >
> > There's your mistake.  You probably needed to unmount /proc/bus/usb before
> > unloading usbcore.
> >
> > Alan Stern

|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | SLAC, MailStop 34,       |
|http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~gowdy/ | 2575 Sand Hill Road,     |
|http://calendar.yahoo.com/gowdy      | Menlo Park CA 94025, USA |
|EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       | Tel: +1 650 926 3144     |