>> Date: Aug 6, 2005 9:05 AM
>>
>> Thanks to Philip who tested the last patch. Using these results and the ones
>> obtained earlier, I can now move the device detection to much later in the
>> initialisation routine and I think I've come up with a more fool-proof
>> detection routine too.
>>
>> Please revert all previous patches and apply this one. If it works (detects
>> your device as a CDROM and allows you to read a CD) then it *should* be the
>> final patch ;)
>>
>> If possible, please test plugging in with the driver already loaded, and also
>> plugging in and then loading the driver at a later stage.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>>              usbat-new-initialization.patch
>
> Date: Aug 22, 2005 2:59 PM
> Daniel,
>
> Here is the log from loading the driver when the drive was previously powered
> on
> and connected.
> Naturally, it says that a flash drive was detected. The log for the other case
> (unplug/replug usb
> cable while powered on) looks the same.
>
> --phil

Some questions:

1.-  Does the last patch still apply for 2.6.14 kernel and beyond?
2.-  Is there a plan to apply patch on official linux kernels?
3.-  Even if the patch doesn't solve all scenarios, wouldn't it be
better having it included to solve most scenarios and leave the one
not working for future updates?
4.-  Maybe the patch is already applied to official linux kernel and I
am missing something, is it the case?

Thanks,

--
Javier