Joey Morris wrote:
[...]
> Is there a way I can turn this drive off with the
> power button instead of by unplugging the cable? I am
> using kernel version 2.6.11. Will a newer kernel solve
> this problem?

AFAIK drive will shutdown itself after 10 minutes. But if you realy want turn
it off, just press and hold button, drive will shutdown itself after a while.
And i had very strange problems with usb and heavy I/O on it. IMHO, using
firewire interface is better.

(i'm searching ways of keepeing it on, only this helps:
+--
|$ mount -t xfs -o rw
|$ while :; do sync; sleep 9m; done &
+--