On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 10:17:24AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, David Brownell wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 31 January 2008, Alan Stern wrote:
> > > The interesting difference lay in what Windows did when the Get-Max-LUN
> > > stalled.  It sent a Clear-Halt request to endpoint 0!
> >
> > Yes that *is* strange!  Considering that ep0 wasn't stalling ...
>
> No, ep0 did stall (at least, that's the way it looks from the SnoopyPro
> trace and that's what happened under Linux).  This was in response to
> the Bulk-only-transport class-specific Get-Max-LUN request.  Devices
> are permitted not to support that request if they have only one LUN.
>
> Right now usb-storage responds to this stall by clearing the halt
> feature from the bulk-in and bulk-out endpoints, not because the spec
> says to do so but because one ancient device (a ZIP-100) requires it.
> Now it looks as though we've found a device which can't handle it.
> Time for another quirk?

Do we really need another quirk?  If the 'popular' OS does it, it's likely
safe to do for all deveices when GetMaxLUN fails...

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

C:  Like the Furby?
DP: He gives me the creeps.  Think the SPCA will take him?
                                        -- Cobb and Dust Puppy
User Friendly, 1/2/1999