On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:59:56 -0500 (EST), Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You missed the point.  Windows does _not_ do it -- i.e., does not clear
> a halt on either bulk endpoint.  Linux does so only because somebody
> (either Pete Zaitcev or Pat Lavarre, I can't remember which) pointed
> out that the ZIP-100 drive needs it.

I have a ZIP-100 which does not need it. Pat said the firmware was
changed, so it was only the case for really old ones.

BTW, ub does not touch bulk pipes when or after doing GetMaxLUN,
and it seems to work, for what it's worth: the installed base is
quite small. My ZIP drive stalls ep0 and then works.

-- Pete
-