Hi,

On Monday 11 February 2013 07:32 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 03:58:44PM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 03:55:06PM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 05:26:41PM +0530, kishon wrote:
Hi,

On Monday 11 February 2013 05:07 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 05:02:15PM +0530, kishon wrote:
Hi,

On Monday 11 February 2013 03:22 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Add support for basic power management on
the dwc3 driver. While there is still lots
to improve for full PM support, this minimal
patch will already make sure that we survive
suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk without
major issues.

It can work only till retention or it can work with off-mode too with
this series? Form what I could make out, it'll work till retention.
right?

this is not runtime PM and I haven't tested with OMAP. All in all, it
should work with both, but only testing will tell. Maybe we _do_ need to
restart the whole IP in that case. At least with PCIe FPGA, it survived
just fine a suspend-to-ram (echo mem > /sys/power/state).

I'll see if I can test suspend-to-disk later today or tomorrow.

Ok. Just one thing. I don't see three registers getting restored
properly (needed when suspend-to-disk). One is DWC3_GCTL, which is
being initialized in dwc3_core_init and the other is DWC3_DCFG and
DWC3_DCTL initialized in dwc3_gadget_init().

will fix that up, thanks.

actually, dctl isn't needed. I'm reconnecting pullups on resume which
will set dctl to a correct value.

my bad, I'll loose HIRD threshold if I don't save it, will add to the
patch.

No. You are right. commit 2b7583 by Pratyush Anand moves setting HIRD threshold to conndone interrupt. Initially I was referring to an older kernel. So DCTL shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
Kishon