Hi,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 06:24:42PM +0100, Krzysztof Opasiak wrote:
> > > So I must have misunderstood something.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
> > > Some userspace depends on assumption that sys/kernel/config
> > directory
> > > is empty and it's default place for mounting configfs.
> >
> > and that's fine, they can certainly assume that. Once configfs is
> > mounted, we will have a new /sys/kernel/config/usb-functions
> > directory.
> >
> > Inside that directory we should have a file which contains your
> > list of available functions :-) I don't see what the problem is
> > with that :-s
> >

> Please hold done I don't get it. Let's clarify.

/ Hello! I'm a programmer cow who can     \
| explain ConfigFS-related questions much |
| better than Felipe Balbi. What we need  |
| in this case is just for the our USB    |
| Gadget ConfigFS port to create the file |
| when that is mounted. Just have the     |
| file come with /usb_gadget. Not ProcFS, |
| not SysFS, but with ConfigFS and we're  |
| good to go. Let me know if I can        |
\ explain anything further                /
        \   ^__^
         \  (Oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

> Would you like to register a separate usb-functions
> subsystem in configfs only to expose there a list of available
> functions? As far as I know it's the only way of creating
> anything in configfs root.
>
> So you would get:
>
> $ ls /sys/kernel/config
> usb-gadget usb-functions
>

> Or it is just a typo and you would like to place
> a usb-functions attribute in usb-gadget directory?
> In this option we will get:
>
> $ ls /sys/kernel/config
> usb-gadget
> $ ls /sys/kernel/config/usb-gadget
> usb-function
> $ cat usb-function
> acm
> ecm

 ______________________________________
/ Hello again. This is exactly what I  \
| have in mind. Thank you. Let's just  |
| call it a more descriptive name like |
\ 'available_functions'                /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

--