On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 09:42:58AM +0100, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Peter Chen <hzpeterc...@gmail.com> hat am 23. Dezember 2015 um 10:49
> > geschrieben:
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Fabio Estevam <feste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On a mx28 custom board with a USB hub I can get a USB stick to get
> > > detected after applying this change:
> > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=145079935324339&w=2
> > >
> > > Things work fine if I boot without the USB stick connected. Then I can
> > > insert/remove the USB device and it always gets detected.
>
> i want to know more about this issue:
>
> Are there any unaffected Mainline Kernel versions?

Before USB runtime suspend is enabled by default, and the
user does not enable USB runtime suspend.

> Are there special hardware requirements to reproduce this issue?

No, see the description for flag MXS_PHY_ABNORMAL_IN_SUSPEND at
drivers/usb/phy/phy-mxs-usb.c

> Is this issue documented in a chip errata?

I am not sure, this issue is described at mxs PHY driver using flag
MXS_PHY_ABNORMAL_IN_SUSPEND.

> Is it reproducable with an i.MX28 EVK?

If you can created the situation the flag MXS_PHY_ABNORMAL_IN_SUSPEND
described

> Is i.MX23 affected, too

Yes

--