On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 02:18:19PM +0200, Anthony Mallet wrote:
> > How did you generate this one? The white-space issue is gone, but now
> > it's a "p0" patch again (without the root directory in the paths) so
> > checkpatch complains and it does not apply using git am (with the normal
> > settings anyway).
> >
> > Again, I can fix this up unless you prefer to respin. We have until the
> > end of the merge window to get it right. :)

> Sorry about that. This time I took the time to do a proper linux git-clone
> and generated the patch with git instead of manually tweaking the diff
> output. Unfortunately I have a diff.noprefix setting for my daily
> workflow and I forgot about this point ...
>
> Please fix the patch, I guess it's just a matter of adding a/ b/ in
> front of the paths.

Sure, I'll fix it up before applying this time.

> Initially I just submitted a raw diff to convince you about the
> issue and better highlight it. Since it was basically a one-liner, I was
> not intending to go into the full fledged process of patch
> submission. Now this is getting a bit out of control and generates
> more noise than necessary :) My apologies.

No worries, at least now you should have everything set up for your next
contribution. ;)

> Keep me informed if/when it goes into the kernel, most important is to get
> this eventually fixed :)

Will do. It should get into 4.12-rc2 and I'll argue for it being
backported to the stable trees as well.

> [actually most important for me would be to be able to
> programmatically get the actual latency setting as an integer - as in
> libftdi -, but I see no easy way to add this, without an extra
> specific ioctl(2)]

You can read (and also change) the latency-timer value used through
sysfs:

        # cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
        16

if that's what you needed? But unless you change it, you can infer the
value to be either 16 (default) or 1 depending on if ASYNC_LOW_LATENCY
is set as indicated by TIOCGSERIAL.

Thanks,
Johan