Hi,

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 07:40:08 +0900
James Bottomley <james.bottom...@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

> > occasional

> > requests.
> > it's
> >
> > Timeouts are set by the SCSI layer.  I believe they are rather long
> > (30 seconds, by default).  Presumably they are configurable,
> > although I would have to do some digging to figure out how.
>
> They're in /sys/class/scsi_device/<id>/device/timeout

I'll use wireshark to check the cause: for sure, the drives are not
"timing out" after 30 seconds (indeed the reported value
in /sys/class/scsi_device/.../timeout or /sys/block/*/device/timeout),
because I see (in dstat) that a disk is busy until the right about the
moment where its reset message appears.

Is it possible that the SCSI timeout doesn't get set into an USB URB
timeout (I'll check by myself, but asking doesn't hurt) ?

Thank you,

--
Jérôme