On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 17:02:39 -0500 (EST)
Alan Stern <st...@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > > - It looks like (haven't tested it yet) the CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG
> > > isn't used with the USB mass storage debugging infrastructure,
> > > please confirm? If unused, are we interested to have a patch that
> > > would go back to regular pr_debug() that can work with dynamic
> > > debugging?
>
> dev_dbg() please, not pr_debug().  But yes, that would be worthwhile.

Yes obviously.

Adding Joe Perches to the loop as he did a refactor of USB mass storage
a while ago.

> Note, however, that usb-storage debugging is meant only for debugging
> problems in the usb-storage driver itself, not for debugging problems
> in attached devices.  We use usbmon or wireshark for the latter.

OK but I find that a "reset" message without any reason is not
as helpful as it could have been. At the minimum I'll try to scratch my
own itch and see if I can go at the bottom of my issue.

Regards,

--
Jérôme