digital cameras appear to fall into two camps:

1. those that require a special driver to download into linux, for those
see gphoto.

2. those that simply appear as a (usually scsi) drive in the system when
plugged into the usb.

search for the camera model and the word "linux" in google web and
google groups. ditto for the printer.

theres also a useful searchable database at

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/