>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>> Hmm, I'm coming across as quite a grumpy bastard here.  Sorry about that.
>>
>yes you are, but hey thats ok!

Thanks for the honest response, NOW I'm emotional! ;-P

I found this at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/2003-June/msg01124.html :

""
In RedHat 9 the 169.254.0.0/16 gets added to the routing table on boot.
Probably to play nicely with windows boxen.  In Windows 2000+, if there
is no DHCP server available, an APIPA address (169.254.x.x) is assigned.

To stop RedHat from using it, try adding the following line to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* files:
NOZEROCONF='yes'

For more info on zeroconf, see http://www.zeroconf.org/
""

This is getting toward what Matthew Gregan said in his post.  Now I have a
file that I can play with (an ifcfg).  However, I can't restart the machine to
see if it works because it's a critical server!

I'm sure this question will be asked again...

Coronation Street?  Sheesh Nick!?

Michael.

---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]