Dear all,

Michael probably would consider my experiences:

My PC:
- Pentium 3 600 something megahertz
- 256 RAM
- 40 Gb; first partition: windows, second one: mandrake 9.1

My Linux knowledge: Near 0

I am armed with:
- Mandrake 9.1
- couples of reading from its user-guide (unfortunately, I am not an english speaking person)
- Helps from Linux user group such as Wellylug, CLUG (thank for Mr. Greenwood for consultations)

Results:
-Quite easy instalation
-Mandrake running on my PC

Thank you,
Kadim

Jason Greenwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One word IMHO - Mandrake. ....Jason

michael - (mike) brooker wrote:

> Hi, As yet I am not a LINUX user. First I want to find out the
> best (read easiest) format to use, eg. REDHAT, X, or whatever.
>
> So, will someone please point me in the right direction?
> Where do I download the free Linux?
> Is there a site with an internet download?
> Or do I need to download set-up discs?
> I'm running win98 on a celeron chip. I have a 40 gig HDD, and 128 RAM
> - and limited computer intelligence. Well, not too low!
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> mike brooker

Do you Yahoo!?