I know Norton Utilities could be told to move everything to the front of the drive for windows 98. I'm not sure if they have an equivalent for NTFS. The only annoying thing was that Norton itself left a small file at the end of the drive which was created by it's disk image program. However, this file could then be safely deleted. The other great thing about Norton over windows defragmenter was that it could move the swapfile so it was one big contiguous block at the start of the drive. Windows defragmenter labels it as 'unmovable'

Running defrag with Windows 2000 worked the first time but then told me that
it needed no further defragging. This was with a fresh W2k installation.

Running (with Knoppix) either ntfsresize or qtparted told me that the
partition was still fragmented and that I could only resize the 4870Mb ntfs
partition to 4509Mb.

I found this with Google - "Not many defraggers leave the end space clean;
actually, I've only found one, O&O Defrag(www.oo-software.com) that does so
with NTFS..."

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com